Down jackets or puffer jackets are a 'must have' for New Zealand winters. Good down jackets are never cheap so when you buy one you want it to last. This is why we thought that we should take on the challenge to make a tougher down jacket for those working and playing hard in the outdoors. And we did - super tough winter jackets that stand up to gorse, firewood stacking, brushing past old farm gear and the likes.
But why stop there ... you can't get much more heavy-duty than our C-Canvas Supertrousers – so how about a down jacket to match?
And here it is – the next-level tough, Cactus Canvas Down Jacket. This is not a lightweight, 'pop in your backpack for a day walk' number. This is your hefty, super-warm, super-tough, big, burly, mega down jacket for outdoor professionals who need a durable, warm and reliable down jacket.
In true NZ made style, we're always looking for ways to make our gear even better and our 2020 design tweaks do just that. Strengthened in all the places we do repairs and taking on board customer feedback, the latest evolution of the Cactus Canvas Down Jacket features a grunty two way zipper, extra strengthening around pockets, a removable hood, improved water repelling and so much more.
- Premium C-Canvas waterproof outer
- Adjustable and removable zip-off hood
- Extra strong main zipper with two way slider
- 750-loft white goose down. Ethically and responsibly sourced
- DWR treated down - this means when it's raining the down itself is water repellent, anti-clumping and carries on doing it's job to keep you warm and insulated
- Premium C-Canvas outer, nylon taffeta lining with extra internal reinforcing on the lower back to avoid wear and tear around your 'seat'
- Two internal chest pockets, one external chest pocket
- Two external (fleece lined) hand pockets
- Fleece lined cuffs
Outer: Premium C-Canvas
Lining: Nylon taffeta
Fleece: Pontetorto fleece
Fill: 750-loft white goose down. Ethically sourced and DWR water repellent treated.
|Back Length (cm)
|Arm Length (cm)
Please note that the measurements are of the actual garment size so this means that when you measure yourself you'll be wanting a size that measures a bit bigger than your body.
Back Length - Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket
Chest - at armpits (around the whole body)
Hip - across hem (around the whole body)
Arm Length - Shoulder neck point to sleeve hem