The Hector is our proven dedicated tramping/trekking dream pack – featuring genuine "Ultra Canvas", a single main compartment and a comfortable, modular harness system. Honed by our collective decades of experience in the New Zealand backcountry, the Hector has more of what you want (strength, comfort, simplicity) with less of what you don’t (excess weight, Murphy’s Law complexity, dangly straps and feature-bloat).
We’ve designed the Hector with shorter multi-day trips in mind. It’s got a single axe/walking poles attachment point, and good sized zip up front pocket, which is perfect for a damp pack towel or dirty underwear.
The removable lid allows you to keep valuable items close by in a hut, can be used as a pillow and includes a security pocket. We even include straps to convert the lid to a bandolier bag for your map, camera, water bottle and jacket - perfect for the summit assault or that end-of-day sunset photography side trip.
If you think you are going to be out in the hills closer to a week, or need a slightly more technical tramping (as opposed to alpine) pack, sidle over and talk to our Foray.
- True Ultra Canvas fabric – be wary of imitations
- Front pocket with vertical zip for easy access or for stuff you don’t want in the main compartment
- Removable lid – doubles as a pillow, triples as a close-at-hand security store and quadruples as a shoulder bag
- Three dimensionally formed framesheet – keeping the weight tightly fixed to your back
- Seamless front panel ensures good water resistance
- Made in New Zealand
- Cactus-Tough Lifetime Warranty
- No Worries 5yr Pack Guarantee
Backlength range - measure from the top of the shoulder where you would wear the shoulder strap to the top of your hip bone.