Tired of waterproof breathable jackets that wear out? The Cactus Mountain jacket is for you. Built in ultra tough 3 layer WTF-3 fabric, with real exterior pockets and no bogus lighter-weight pocket linings that leak, this heavy duty jacket will protect you from the elements with way more durability than your average cut-price waterproof/breathable garment.
Here's what our testers thought of it: "I thought the fit of the jacket is spot on. The storm flap definitely did the job of keeping snow out of the pocket - even when I forgot to zip it up I didn't loose any goodies from the pocket. I really like having no hip pockets, as there is nothing to hinder and bunch up when bending at the hip. The pockets were sufficient for carrying all the stuff I needed for ski patrolling. Another feature I thought was pretty tiptop is the foldaway collar, it works nicely when snow is blowing everywhere."
"I was surprised at how well this thing breathes given how burly the fabric is. I never got hot skiing in it, and it’s obviously gonna last forever. Had a couple of stormy days in it on the mountain, it was totally wind and snow proof and the fabric didn’t soak, so it stayed supple yet bombproof in nasty weather."
- Fully seam sealed
- Super straightforward design for fewer fail points
- Two external zip access chest pockets - no leak points into the garment
- Foldaway hood domes away into fleece-lined tall collar
- Velcro hood adjustment
- Draw cord at hem
- Single piece yoke to minimise abrasion points on seams that might leak
- One fabric all the way through the garment - no bogus soft pocket linings
- YKK zips because they're the best
- Guaranteed for life, like all Cactus product
- Made right here in NZ
To maintain the performance of your garment, we recommend washing and drying after any big mission.
Machine wash on a warm cycle (105º F/40º C) using a small amount of liquid detergent. Rinse twice, minimize spinning to reduce creasing. Do not use powder detergents or any products that contain fabric softeners, conditioners, stain removers or bleach as they will affect garment performance. Do not wash with heavily soiled clothing.
- Do not dry clean
- Non-chlorine bleach only when needed
- Tumble dry on a medium heat to rejuvenate DWR coating
- Don't have a dryer? Just drip dry then iron on low heat, no steam to rejuvenate DWR Coating
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer)
- Over time you may need to restore the DWR coating. We recommend using ReviveX Durable Water Repellent Spray
- Don't use permanent-marker, or any other solvent, on the lining of your garment
- If you get attacked by the abominable snowman and the fabric gets holed while saving your arm, send it back and we'll patch it
|Back Length (cm)
|Back Length (inches)
|Arm Length (cm)
|Arm Length (inches)
Please note that the measurements are of the actual garment size so this means when you measure yourself you;ll be wanting a size that measures a bit bigger than your body.
Chest - around nipple region (around whole body)
Back Length - hood seam to bottom of jacket
Arm Length - from neck seam to wrist seam