In Nepal, the Sherpa take on a myriad of tasks - guiding, carrying, cooking and cajoling Westerners on their journeys. When designing our new insulated jacket, these were the attributes we wanted to emulate.
Like every Cactus product, the Norbu (named after a guide during one of our Himalayan sojourns) is a simple, solid, subtle and utterly reliable product. We’ve always been about making good sh*t that lasts a long time and the Norbu is no different.
Using synthetic insulation means it is more tolerant to a bit of moisture - be it rain from the outside or sweat from within. As you’d expect, it sports legendary tough YKK zips and our proprietary “tough arse” reinforcement.
Most importantly, it was designed with our 30-plus years of engineering know-how, and all the long-lasting Cactus toughness that brings.
|Back Length (cm)
|Arm Length (cm)
Please note that the measurements are of the actual garment size so this means that when you measure yourself you'll be wanting a size that measures a bit bigger than your body.
Back Length - Side neck point to hem.
Chest - 2.5cm below armhole, around whole body.
Arm Length - From shoulder point to sleeve hem.
Outer: Waterproof two layer 100% nylon
Lining: Nylon taffeta
Weight: 780g (size medium)
Fill: Primaloft Silver 100gsm, 100% Polyester
- Strong main zipper with two way slider
- Premium Primaloft Silver Insulation, lightweight
- Water resistant external fabric and faster-drying insulation
- Nylon taffeta lining with extra internal reinforcing on the lower back to avoid wear and tear around your 'seat'
- Three external entry pockets, all zippered
- Two stash pockets on the inside
- Elasticated edges to keep the heat in
- Cactus Heritage patch on inside
- Country / region of manufacture: New Zealand