Tired of waterproof breathable jackets that wear out? The Cactus Mountain Jacket is for you. Built in ultra tough 3 layer WTF-3 fabric, with real exterior pockets and no bogus lighter-weight pocket linings that leak, this heavy duty jacket will protect you from the elements with way more durability than your average cut-price waterproof/breathable garment.
Here's what our testers thought of it:
"I thought the fit of the jacket was spot on. The storm flap definitely did the job of keeping snow out of the pocket - even when I forgot to zip it up I didn't loose any goodies from the pocket. I really like having no hip pockets, as there is nothing to hinder and bunch up when bending at the hip. The pockets were sufficient for carrying all the stuff I needed for ski patrolling. Another feature I thought was pretty tiptop is the foldaway collar, it works nicely when snow is blowing everywhere."
"I was surprised at how well this thing breathes given how burly the fabric is. I never got hot skiing in it, and it’s obviously gonna last forever. Had a couple of stormy days in it on the mountain, it was totally wind and snow proof and the fabric didn’t soak, so it stayed supple yet bombproof in nasty weather."
To maintain the performance of your garment, we recommend washing and drying after any big mission.
Machine wash on a warm cycle (105º F/40º C) using a small amount of liquid detergent. Rinse twice, minimize spinning to reduce creasing. Do not use powder detergents or any products that contain fabric softeners, conditioners, stain removers or bleach as they will affect garment performance. Do not wash with heavily soiled clothing.
- Do not dry clean
- Non-chlorine bleach only when needed
- Tumble dry on a medium heat to rejuvenate DWR coating
- Don't have a dryer? Just drip dry then iron on low heat, no steam to rejuvenate DWR Coating
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer)
- Over time you may need to restore the DWR coating. We recommend using ReviveX Durable Water Repellent Spray
- Don't use permanent-marker, or any other solvent, on the lining of your garment
- If you get attacked by the abominable snowman and the fabric gets holed while saving your arm, send it back and we'll patch it
A: (CB) Back Length (cm)
B: Chest (cm)
C: Arm Length (cm)
NOTE: The measurements shown are of the garment itself.
Pls note: the measurements are of the actual garment size. So if measuring yourself you'll be wanting a size that measures a bit bigger than your body.
CB LENGTH: Measured from CB (center back) Neck to hem.
SNP LENGHT: Measured from SNP (side neck point) to hem.
CHEST: Measured at armpits (around whole body)
HEM: Measured at hem (around whole body)
SLEEVE LENGTH (JACKETS): Measured from armhole seam to sleeve hem