Down jackets or puffer jackets are a 'must have' for New Zealand winters. Good down jackets are never cheap so when you buy one you want it to last. This is why we thought that we should take on the challenge to make a tougher down jacket for those working and playing hard in the outdoors. And we did - super tough winter jackets that stand up to gorse, firewood stacking, brushing past old farm gear and the likes, they even stand up to the odd spilled coffee on the sideline on a frosty Saturday morning.
Taking on broad feedback that we've had over the years, from both our customers and our repairs team, we've strengthened them in all the places that down jackets are known to fail.
The latest evolution of our men's Cactus Down Jacket features a grunty two way zipper, extra strengthening around the pockets, a removable hood, a few more 'Michelin man' rolls, improved water repelling super powers and so much more.
|Back Length (cm)
|Arm Length (cm)
Please note that the measurements are of the actual garment size so this means that when you measure yourself you'll be wanting a size that measures a bit bigger than your body.
Back Length - Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket
Chest - at armpits (around the whole body)
Arm Length - Shoulder neck point to sleeve hem
Outer: Waterproof two layer nylon
Lining: Nylon taffeta
Fleece: Synthetic fleece
Fill: 750-loft 85/15 duck down. Ethically and responsibly sourced.
- 100% nylon two layer waterproof outer.
- Adjustable and removable zip-off hood.
- Extra strong main zipper with two way slider.
750-loft 85/15 duck down. Ethically and responsibly sourced.
- DWR treated down - this means when it's raining the down itself is water repellent, anti-clumping and carries on doing it's job to keep you warm and insulated
- Nylon taffeta lining with extra internal reinforcing on the lower back to avoid wear and tear around your 'seat'
- Internal chest pocket, two external (fleece lined) hand pockets
- Fleece lined cuffs
Country / Region of manufacture: Vietnam